Serving the community
Narthex Sparkhill manages the community facilities at St John's Church and with the help of volunteers we run:
- Sparkhill Foodbank providing emergency food parcels to families and individuals in need. The Foodbank is situated at 6A Bard Street which is just a short walk from the Church. Phone 01217710464
- a Lunch Club for senior citizens (The Good Companion) every Tuesday from 9.30am - 1.30pm
- a seated exercise group for older ladies - every Wednesday morning
- Men's Group - Saturday evening. A friendly and safe place to meet your friends, light refreshments, pool, table soccer, table tennis and more.
- a Youth Group that meets 4.30-6.30pm on Saturdays
- a One Stop Shop every Thursday 10.00am to 12.30noon offering help with forms, CV's, job search and signposting.
- Domestic Violence Support - phone for appointment
- Carers Support. Narthex is a member of the East Birmingham Collective providing support and services that help meet the needs of local carers
- a Refugee and Asylum Seekers Basic Resources Store - basic household and baby items, utensils, toys etc - not large furniture. Donated items gladly received - please phone with details before delivering.
- a Parish Nurse for more details phone 0121 7531959
If you would like more information about any of the above telephone 0121 7531959 or to email click here: Narthex
Hear Gareth speak about the Foodbank